Company Connect Volunteer Program
PMI North India Chapter has been working with various Government, Private and PSU organizations over last few years with all of our events being sponsored by them during this period. To further promote PMI’s best project management practices amongst various stakeholders, provide additional volunteering opportunities for our chapter members, chapter board has launched Company Connect program on November 5, 2012 with following objectives:
- Chapter Outreach: Reach out to Government, Private and other type of organizations for advocacy of best Project Management practices
- Education: Educate members and potential members about PMI and the North India Chapter
- Membership: Encourage PMI North India Chapter membership in the organization
- Marketing: Develop & Share Chapter activities within the organization showcasing the benefits availed by being members of North India Chapter
To meet these objectives, chapter is now initiating the process of accepting nominations for Company Connect program to appoint Company Connect Ambassadors (CCA). This program will be rolled out across various organizations, where NIC-CCAs (North India Chapter - Company Connect Ambassadors) will act as liasion between their respective organization and the Chapter Board. We may be appointing more than one NIC-CCA’s for an organization depending on its size and geographical presence.
Responsibilities of NIC-CCA (North India Chapter - Company Connect Ambassador)
- The NIC-CCA mission is service oriented and includes liaison, communications, coordination and chapter membership promotion
- Promote PMI North India Chapter and its activities within his / her organization
- Coordinate with PMI North India Chapter to organize sessions on Project Management Best Practices within his / her organization
- Collaborate and Identify potential Volunteers / Speakers for various Chapter Events
- Additionally, NIC-CCA’s are expected to encourage PMI certifications in their respective organizations
Expectations from NIC-CCA
NIC-CCA’s are expected to actively participate in their role as follows:
- You shall be available to volunteer 12-16 hours per month
- Proactively establish yourself as the focal point within your organization for communications about PMI North India Chapter activities
- Actively participate in Chapter's events to develop and implement methods to attract membership interest and involvement within your organization
- Obtain an executive sponsor willing to support your efforts to promote professionalism in project management. Solicitations will not be directed to this person. However, sponsors may be invited as guests and recognized during membership meetings
- Give permission to have your name published in the PMI North India Chapter Newsletter and website stating that you are the contact in your company for questions about PMI North India Chapter
- Actively participate with other PMI North India Chapter Committees to develop and implement methods to attract membership interest and involvement within your organization
- Attend regular PMI North India Chapter meetings / events
- Share ideas / suggestions / concerns on how to improve PMI North India Chapter to efficiently cater to its members
- Coordinate with PMI North India Chapter Board for scheduling expert Project Management Advocacy & Knowledge sharing sessions within your organization
Company Connect Volunteer Program Benefits
- Claim upto 45 Category "E" PDU's (1 PDU is awarded for 1 hour of volunteer service)
- Recognition among Project Managers within your organization
- Recognition by PMI North India Chapter by publishing your details on chapter website
- Preference being given for volunteering at other chapter events / activities etc.
- Volunteering growth path which leads to Chapter Board and other future Volunteer leadership positions with PMI
How To Become NIC-CCA For Your Organization
If you are an active North India Chapter member, with a strong drive to volunteer and giving back to the community and project management profession. You can click here to submit the online volunteer application, please ensure to click on NIC-CCA to register your interest in this program.
Note: We are inviting first round of applications till November 30, 2012.
Company Connect Program Management Committee
- Manoj K Gupta – President & CEO
- Amit Aggarwal – Vice President (Programs)
For any queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not a North India Chapter Member yet?
We strongly encourage you to join PMI North India Chapter and take benefit from various activities.
Join PMI North India Chapter today.
- Regular Member Annual Fees: $10
- Student Member Annual Fees: $5