Dear Chapter Members & Practitioners,
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve you this year as PMI North India Chapter
President. The first quarter was quite eventful with the new board members taking
charge. There were lot of discussions and brainstorming sessions held to define the directions
for the chapter. The vision is to increase the perceived value of PMI North India
Chapter, by increasing the value to our chapter members.
In a recent survey conducted by PMI North India Chapter and PMI, the feedback is consistent on the need for
more Networking & Learning opportunities to be provided by the chapter.
Chapter currently offers 5 (five) PDU earning opportunities viz.
- speaking at an event,
- writing an article for Synergy,
- reading synergy,
- attending chapter events,
Beyond this we have been brainstorming on introducing following new opportunities for our members:
- Starting Webinar Series: This will help us connect will member base, which cannot travel to attend
- Conduct Paid Networking Events: This events will be focused on networking, and career guidance.
These events will enable participants to get more networking time than, is generally available during PDU
focused chapter events.
- Mentor-Mentee Programs: This may be needed by those, who are new to Project Management,
and may seek guidance at various levels.
But, before we proceed with working in depth on each of these programs, we would like to get your feedback on
these. Please visit http://j.mp/1FjeyAp
to give your feedback on these proposed programs.
Apart from new opportunities, we also want to increase the frequency of PDU events, and we would need community
support it. Most of the old chapter members would recollect, our most of chapter events have been
hosted in collaboration with Corporates & PSUs. This has helped us to deliver free events for our chapter members.
If you think, you or your organization can help us in hosting an event of 70-100 ppl, please do so. Please
visit http://j.mp/1FjeyAp to share your interest to host a chapter event in your organization.
We as Chapter Board will try to work on increasing member value, and would be glad to hear any new ideas,
that you believe can help in increasing the member value of our chapter members. Please visit http://
j.mp/1FjeyAp to share your ideas and suggestions for improvement.
I would also like to take a moment to apologize for the delay in releasing the Synergy for Q1 2015.
I would be glad to hear your suggestions, on improvement areas, and your contributory ideas. Please visit http://
j.mp/1FjeyAp to share your ideas a nd suggestions for improvement and contribution.
Updates on Ambassador Program
The Ambassador program is one of the major initiated started by this chapter. There was an internal communication
dialogue done with the board members and the Ambassadors (RCA and CCA) to share the expectation and
the need of each other. The list of ambassadors are as follows. We would encourage the members/non-members
to reach out and connect with chapter RCAs/CCAs.
Company Connect Ambassador
- Mr. Sridhar Anjanappa (email@example.com) – Assoc. PM, M/s Stryker Global Technology Center,
- Mrs. Paramita Mukherjee (firstname.lastname@example.org, Paramita.email@example.com) - PM Consultant, Wipro Technologies, Gurgaon
- Mr. Vipul Aggarwal (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Manager, Accenture, Gurgaon
- Mr. Satyajeet Pattnaik, MBA, PMP® (email@example.com) - Head- SAP Consulting Delivery, India North
- Mr. Daya Prakash (firstname.lastname@example.org) — Head of Operations, Thinksys. Inc.
- Mr. Amit Aggarwal (email@example.com) — Global Transformation Manager, Ericsson India Global.
Region Connect Ambassador
- Mr. Suhail Qadir (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Srinagar Region (Works for JKPCC)
- Mr. Gursharan Gill (email@example.com) – Chandigarh Region (Management Consultant – Construction Projects)
- Mr. Tanmoy Prasad – Haryana Region (NIC Haryana Govt. )
- Ms. Ruchi Singh (Rs23615@gmail.com ) – Madhya Pradesh Region (MD, Juncture Group & Regional Chairperson - Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council of India)
- Mr. Vinod Garg (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Rajasthan Region (CMD, Promac Advisors Pvt. Ltd)
- Mr. S.K. Sinha (Sksinha@iffco.in (Work), Sksh03@gmail.com) – Uttar Pradesh (Works for IFFCCO)
Once again thank you for choosing us to govern the board, and we will keep on sharing with you the progress as
things happen, till then have a nice time.